By combining the KH 750 DSP with the freely available iPad® app (version 3.0 or newer), the subwoofer becomes the intelligent control center of every Neumann stereo setup. In addition to the KH 80 DSP, the KH 120, KH 310 and KH 410* analogue monitors now also benefit from the DSP power of the KH 750 DSP.
The iPad® connects to the subwoofer via a standard IP network with an Ethernet cable between the router and subwoofer. The stereo pair receives the analog audio signal directly from the subwoofer.
The system offers the following functions in the setup/adjustment phase:
- Guided Alignment – a patented process where you are asked simple questions about the room and the loudspeaker/subwoofer position, the app adjusts the response of each loudspeaker/subwoofer accordingly.
- Manual Alignment – expert users have complete freedom to adjust an 8-band fully parametric equalizer, levels and delays in each loudspeaker/subwoofer as they wish. Manual Alignment can also be used to edit Guided Alignments in a more detailed way.
- Individual X-Over optimization between the subwoofer and the connected Neumann monitors, depending on the monitor model used.
- DSP-based phase linearization also between the drivers of the connected analog Neumann studio monitors for an even more transparent sound image.
- Use of the digital inputs (S/P-DIF and AES3) of the subwoofer for the entire system
- Lip sync and time-of-flight delay for the complete setup
After setup, the iPad® can be removed if necessary; the settings are permanently stored in the subwoofer.
During operation, the iPad® offers:
- Switching between different setups and alignments
- Volume control, saving and recalling volume presets
- Dim, Solo, Mute, Mute all